Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Public Announcement

Once upon a time there was a mischievous sprite named Katie. Dark and lithe, she moved through the world like a shadow, seeing everything while remaining unseen. She hid her spirit well from prying eyes: those who passed by quickly and thoughtlessly were doomed to remain ignorant of its true nature, but those who took the time to wait and watch discovered dancing mirth, keen observation, and a sharp sense of humour. Katie was a girl worth knowing.

She was also evil.

Katie, I'm going to start posting on your blog. What goes around comes around, my friend.

I spent a large part of the weekend hanging out with a boy. No, I don't have a boyfriend. No, I'm not getting married in Fiji next week. And no, I'm not in a state of denial. His name is **** (call/email me if you really want to know). He's great. We have a lot of fun together. And that, for the moment, is where it stands. Do what you will with it.

I hope you're satisfied, Katie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, for sure. You know, I really was worried you were going to run off to Fiji and leave this poor little sprite behind, but you have set my mind at ease.
Heh, heh, you rock.

Kjersti said...

Yay for boy weekends! (Sorry, I had to giggle with glee.)