My life... what to say? I've spent the last little while curling, singing, having breakfast with friends, going to C&C, travelling to Ottawa for a weekend of shopping and hanging out with my parents, writing a factum and preparing for a moot (a fake court where we prepare and present an appeal - by far the most fun school thing I've done all year), eating and drinking, sadly not much dancing, planning and then canceling a trip to Rwanda, trying to figure out where I'm going to spend the summer, and reading a lot of cases on strict liability, necessity as an excuse, and standard form contracts. Oh, and I go to class, too.
I'm currently trying to nail down a job for the summer. It looks like I'll be working in Medicine Hat (fun work but no friends) or Saskatoon (questionable work but Becky and Kjersti and Megan!). I may go to Quebec for a five-week French exchange; I'll find out about it soonish. I'm really looking forward to the end of the semester but I can't imagine how I'm going to get all the work done before then. I need to pick up my marks a bit to keep my scholarship, and it's all a little troubling, but I'm working and praying and we'll see how it goes. Despite all of my questioning and crying, I am planning on coming back here next fall and am actually going to live with the couple who host my C&C group - they have a big house with a piano and a couple of dogs and have raised a few kids who are now older than me, so I think it'll be a good year. They're great people and it'll be nice to live in an actual house with sunlight and no mice.
As for love, whatever that is: let's just say that by all rights, I should be extremely lucky at cards. Hence, I'm setting up Nance's Online Dating Service. If anyone knows a single guy who'd match me and is up to a challenge, send him my way. I'm not easy to catch, but I make fabulous chocolate chip cookies. Plus, if he doesn't like me, I've got lots of cute, single female friends. It's a win-win situation. Speaking of matchmaking, my mom recently confessed that one of her first acts on entering a new church is to look for any cute available guys who might suit me. Kind of funny and kind of sad, but my only complaint is that it hasn't yet borne any fruit. What's up with that? I think her standards are too high. I hear there's a run on the singles in Saskatoon... it's about time. There are too many quality people there to stay single forever - it would rob the world of some very valuable genes.
I'm looking forward to the day in the fuzzy and distant future when I get eight hours of sleep a night and don't waste my extra time watching DVDs of Grey's Anatomy just to let my brain relax for an hour or so. Oh, excitingness - Law Ball is on Saturday, which is our main formal event of the year and is pretty exciting. My dress is nothing special, just black and long, but I have extremely red lipstick and it makes me happy. It should be good times. Anyway, I need to go sleep. Love to everyone and I'll try to post more often.
Monday, March 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay, you're not dead or lost! Seriously, it's awesome to catch up on your life...I'm glad things seem to be going well, and I'll pray for you too about the scholarship situation...also I'll pray that you decide to work in Saskatoon this summer!!!
Post a Comment