Saturday, March 31, 2007

Think Happy Thoughts

I'm getting very panicky about school, so I've decided to take a few minutes to think happy thoughts and make some wishes. The happy thought is that I'll be home for a bit in just a few weeks. As for wishes, I've decided that if I can't have a pony I'd like the following:
*Good Earth Tea: my brother got me some of this when he was going to school in the states and it was wonderful. Absolutely delicious.
*Django Reinhardt: I'm not even sure if I've ever heard a recording of this guy, but he's got the best name ever and I love swing music, so I'm sure it would be excellent.
*Pablo Neruda: I would really like a book of his poems. Absolutely beautiful.
*Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Lotion: smells like the Promised Land.
*Brahms: my next CD purchase will be Brahms' piano concertos. I've been wanting them for a while. Maybe that'll be a post-exam reward.
*Jazz lessons: Piano lessons! What fun! I'd like to make some time this summer and find a teacher/coach who'll clue me into how I can get better at improvisation & stuff. Hopefully I'll make the time.
*Ryan Adams: although his music is more sad than happy, I love it.
*Apple crisp: I'm hoping there are enough apples in the fridge to make me one of these tomorrow. Mmmm for cinnamon and sugar.
*Kittens: I am getting a kitten when I graduate & get a place on my own. There was a Siamese cat in a window down by the water the other day and I just loved it. Dogs are lovable, but cats are so funny and independent and... clean. This would normally not be a huge factor, but after living with the two little fluffballs in this house I've decided that small dogs are not for me. Big dogs aren't an option until I have a farm or at least a yard, so a cat will have to suffice in the meantime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pablo Neruda IS pretty awesome(ugly as heckfire, though). I had to memorize his poema 20 and poema 5 for spanish once, and recite it in front of the class(so did everyone else). "Puedo escribir los versos mas tristes esta noche/Escribir, por ejemplo: 'La noche esta estrellada..."
Still got some of it!

Marian said...

awe, I am so jealous that you get a kitten. Happy thoughts are good. twenty more days!!(not that i am counting...)