Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Confession

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."

I think there's some benefit to open confession, so here goes: I've been not what I want to be. In the last couple of months I've let a lot of things slide. Before anyone starts to panic, I haven't been living in sin or carousing drunkenly through the city or anything like that. What I mean is that I've been treating people carelessly, following my emotions instead of my mind and heart, and settling for a lot less from myself and from other people than I would normally expect. I've been refusing to challenge myself and have let go of a lot of things that mean a lot to me. I've let myself exclude and hurt people who are very important to me. I've been faithless and selfish. I've prided myself on my judgment and then neglected to use it. And I'm sorry. So if any of you who've been affected are reading this, please forgive me. To the world at large, please forgive me. Please call me on it in the future.

Thanks and blessings.

Nance

No comments: