Friday, March 02, 2007

Being One

I love people and I love community but I also love being alone. There is nothing quite like wandering home in the middle of the night with only the buses and the streetlights for company. I love running and walking and looking up into the freezing rain with no witness and no one to bring me down. I had a fantastic time out tonight (three cheers for Ruby Jean and the Thoughtful Bees!), but even better was the solitary ramble at the end through snow and sleet and wind so strong I'd swear I was on the prairies again. Some kinds of wonder are blunted by multiplicity; some kinds of beauty can only be known in solitude. Praise the God I love for this good night! Good night...

1 comment:

Marian said...

yay...i can post on your blog!!!(sorry i have been wanting to do this for a while...but for some reason it was not letting me!!! Success!!!) Anywho....The prairies are missing you!! And thanks for writing....it makes my day!!