I'm irritated by high school romances. This may be a sign that I'm a tired old hag, but I can't help it. When one is over 20 and chronically single, it's aggravating to watch a movie that implies that even the hopelessly inept ought to have found true love by graduation
I hate them too. You go through high school thinking that you are the worst person in the world just because you are not in a two-week-long relationship like everyone else when all along it was perfectly normal, if not preferable, to be single in those silly young years. After all, I am sure the percentage of highschool sweetheart marriages either is extremely low, or don't work out in the end anyway. Who knows what they want when they are a kid?
"We returned to our places, these Kingdoms,
But no longer at ease here, in the old dispensation,
With an alien people clutching their gods."
- T.S. Eliot
"We returned to our places, these Kingdoms,
But no longer at ease here, in the old dispensation,
With an alien people clutching their gods."
- T.S. Eliot
3 comments:
What movie?
I think it was called Drive Me Crazy. Pretty good as teen romances go, but aggravating nonetheless.
I hate them too. You go through high school thinking that you are the worst person in the world just because you are not in a two-week-long relationship like everyone else when all along it was perfectly normal, if not preferable, to be single in those silly young years. After all, I am sure the percentage of highschool sweetheart marriages either is extremely low, or don't work out in the end anyway. Who knows what they want when they are a kid?
Post a Comment