Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Why the Title?
Why the title? Well, first and foremost, there was that book of all that's warm, comforting, and strangely profound: Winnie the Pooh. The Complete Tales are sitting on my desk right in front of me and I love them to bits, so I thought I'd incorporate their random wisdom and ordered nonsense; if I can ever come anywhere near emulating A.A. Milne's sweet jubilance, I'll be a happy girl and a great writer. I will also be much more amusing than I am at present. Pheonix? Well, that's in there for so many reasons, from the fabulous mythology and imagery of the pheonix rising from the ashes to its connection to Christian symbolism to my great enjoyment of the Harry Potter books (I'm still in denial - he can't possibly be dead!) to my equally great enjoyment of Joaquin as Johnny in Walk the Line. And Nance just sounded right. Pheonix and Nance may or may not acquire personalities as the blog continues: I suspect that they may have many adventures in a certain seaside town: making new friends, hearing new music, doing new things, and generally loving life. And on that note, I'm off to bed. Sleep sweet, my pretties, and don't forget your loving if distant chum. Goo'night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment