Friday, January 06, 2006

Fireworks

Someone's setting off firecrackers outside. I wish it was me and Challis and Becky and Megan and Carla and Megan S and Marian and the boys (Ben, Stefan, Ole, Phil, Landon, the works...). We never set off firecrackers. That was a serious omission that, at some point, will have to be put right. Maybe this coming August.

I think I'm in love with Sufjan Stevens. It's definitely the sort of hopeless adoration that people always profess for movie stars and musicians and which I've rarely (if ever) felt before. But he's wonderful. Listen to "Casimir Pulanski Day" to get what I mean. Not to mention the fact that he's adorable and witty and fascinating and unique. And he plays the banjo. What are the chances that a 30-yr-old, intensely private, adorable, fascinating, possibly married, world-famous musician even reads his fanmail? And I think tracing him down at home is technically stalking, so I guess I'll just sit and wallow in the love that has no future until I get over it.
(For the record, this is largely facetious. But he is pretty interesting, and his music is quality.)

Favourite song of the moment, just discovered: "Beloved One" by Lou Rhodes. It's beautiful. You can check it out on the BBC Collective website - it's on the playlist for this week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/.

1 comment:

*WinterOne said...

Tee hee! Write him! Write him! I wrote Sean Astin when I went through my 'addictive' phase and got a personalized autographed picture in return. I can never hurt!

Love ya! *hugz*

Amanda