Friday, April 13, 2007

Bah

I hate this time of year. When I study, there's always a second level of thoughts going through my mind. All of the things I don't want to think about - worries, faults, disasters, personal failings, bad relationships, uncertainty - flow steadily beneath the surface of legal rules and academic articles. Because my main mental energy is focused on schoolwork, I'm unable to distract myself by shifting my thought patterns entirely. I periodically clear my mind by going off and doing something entirely unrelated to school but that often ends up adding another level of guilt to the subconscious stream. It's all very frustrating and unproductive and I always seem to end up out of sorts by the end of exams.

3 comments:

Erin and Braden Wuthrich said...

Good luck on your finals!

Marian said...

me too, me too....
but just think, it is almost done...
and soon...you will be in saskatoon...happy dance!!!

The World of Haab said...

i know that feeling...its so crappy. BUT summer^s around the corner...!!