I am a bad blogger, and that's the truth. In my defence, I spent 6 days away from the computer over Thanksgiving. Instead of checking my email and doing homework, I spent time hanging out with my family and wandering aimlessly through airports. On that note, the Person of the Week is Sarah, who works for my dad and books my tickets. She manages to upgrade my tickets to business class about 75% of the time. It's wonderful.
As for stuff I've been thinking about lately, there's so much that it's hard to know where to begin. I've been thinking a lot about poverty and inequality and the things I take for granted in society that aren't necessarily necessary or good. And I've been thinking about how we as people (or maybe it's just me) tend to think of other people as means rather than ends: objects that we use or get rid of in order to reach our goals rather than persons who deserve to be known, loved and served in and of themselves. So many things that I hate in our world stem directly from this problem: prostitution, pornography, abortions, rape, child abuse, and (on the less intense but still heartbreaking end of things) broken relationships, people stuck in jobs for which they're completely unsuited, jealousy, impatience, coldness and lack of unity. But how do you build a society based on love and respect? It's pretty hard to enforce.
I need to go to bed... more later.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment